External Funding Opportunities for NYU School of Medicine Faculty
Non-NIH Unlimited Submission Opportunities
The Monday List primarily consists of unlimited funding opportunities from foundations and associations. There is no limit to the number of applications from an institution and therefore there is no internal application process. Please check the website for application submission instructions and eligibility details.
- Monday List - As of 12/2/2013 UPDATED
Non-NIH Limited Submission Awards
Many non-federally funded awards for faculty in the early stages of their careers limit the number of applicants that any institution can nominate. To ensure that the NYU School of Medicine nominates candidates with the best chances of success, we have an internal application process for all Limited Submission Awards. The Early Career Awards and Prizes committee selects all nominees.
The Limited Submission awards are divided into three cycles, Spring, Fall and Winter, according to our internal submission deadlines.
- Complete Calendar: A calander of Awards and Prizes which lists all the three cycles.
Internal application process: The application process will be conducted in TWO PHASES
- Phase I: Candidate Identification- Faculty interested in any awards this cycle should inform their department chair. If the chair supports you, please fill out the internal application comprising of Candidate Identification Form and an NIH-style biosketch with a research statement accurately portraying your background, current research, and future directions and a COMPLETE publication list. Please send these documents in one rolling PDFto the OSR- Office for Basic Science (BasicSciAdmin@nyumc.org).
- Phase II: Nominee Selection- After the early career awards and prizes committee holds the candidate identification meeting, some candidates will be notified and invited to submit a full application comprising of a porject summary and a nominating statement from their chair. Please provide these documents in one rolling PDF to the OSR- Office for Basic Science (BasicSciAdmin@nyumc.org).
For details about this process and an announcement for our ongoing awards cycles click below.
Important forms and guides for Spring-Summer 2013 Awards Cycle
- Candidate Identification Form-Winter Awards Cycle: Required to be considered for Phase I.
- Internal Proposal Guide: A reference when preparing your project proposal for Phase II.
Early Career Awards and Prizes Committee Members
- James Borowiec - Biochemistry
- Steven Burden - Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
- Michael Dustin - Pathology and Molecular Pathogenesis
- Gordon Fishell - Physiology and Neuroscience
- Edward Fisher - Medicine, Pediatrics and Cell Biology
- Juan Lafaille - Pathology and Molecular Pathogenesis
- Dan Littman - Pathology and Microbiology
- Joan Reibman - Medicine
- James Salzer - Cell Biology
- Edward Skolnik - Pharmacology and Medicine
- Naoko Tanese - Microbiology
- Jessica Treisman - Cell Biology
- Henry (Tung-Tien) Sun - Cell Biology, Dermatology, Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
- Mahalaxmi Aburi - Faculty Development Specialist-OSR